Mini-fiction by John Iwaniec aka taxigringo

Thursday, July 02, 2009

BACK TO CLASS by John Iwaniec aka taxigringo

The forty year old school teacher was not so plain. I found myself inexplicably drawn to this woman despite her ordinary appearance. The staid school marm demeanor and simple dress could not hide her tawny, feline movements.

I looked down into my cup of black coffee as if it were a crystal ball; what was it about this woman that had such a hold on me? She was as natural as a wild lioness in Tarzan's jungle. Sleepy eyes belied an awareness and ferocity that unnerved yet captivated my senses.

"John," I heard a distant voice calling. I looked up from my chair in the teacher's lounge and saw Jackson leaning over me. "Lunch is over,“ he continued. "You‘re gonna be late for your own class."

“Yeah," I answered. Slowly I rose and trudged to my classroom of fourth graders.

"Sorry I'm late, children. Please settle down. I was thinking that we can skip math this afternoon. Let‘s all do some art work instead.

“And let’s see who can do the best drawing of a beautiful wild animal in the jungle.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home