Mini-fiction by John Iwaniec aka taxigringo

Monday, June 22, 2009

If I ruled the world I would hire George W. Bush to manage it for me. The man demonstrated a selfless love of America and great virtue in the way he took on and managed a problem that others had left to fester for thirty-five years.
After September 11, 2001 I was one of the people who approved of President Bush's strategy in dealing head on with the growing cancer of terrorism against western civilization.
Two days before the Iraqi invasion I called the White House Hot Line and left the following message: "President Bush, I recommend that you remove Saddam Hussein from power for two reasons: 1. To deter other countries from harboring terrorists. 2. To free the Iraqi people."
In the most expeditious manner imaginable, he fulfilled my request. The defeat of Iraq and the removal of Saddam Hussein by the US military was successful beyond all my expectations. I expected all people of good will to hail our president as a great hero.
A momentum had been gained to build a world where people would be free to govern themselves within their own respective cultures. My hope was high.
Instead the secreted agents of what was once called communism came out in full force and their force was focused on President Bush who, almost alone, spearheaded an American spirit which I had waited for all my life. The people who were most effective in this long delayed war were relentlessly attacked. Mr. Rumsfeld, Mr. Cheney, and Mr. Rove particularly come to mind. The enemy had control of the mainstream media which itself was with the enemy.
There were legitimate reasons to go to war against Iraq, and the fact that Iran lies between Afghanistan and Iraq made the mission even more imperative. Do you remember the staging problems that the U.S. military had before the start of the Iraqi invasion?
All true warriors are lovers of peace, yet when malignant forces become active the work of the warrior is required.
I remember President George W. Bush as a true warrior, a lover of God and goodness, and a man who selflessly served the United States of America within the constraints of the Constitution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home